Remember to File Your Goodbye Grievance

posted May 8, 2020

If you are leaving the FEA (Overseas) Bargaining Unit at the end of this school year, either by retiring/resigning, moving to DDESS or transferring to the Med District, be sure to file a "Goodbye Grievance" early enough so that you will have time to elevate it before your last day of duty.

Ask your FRS for a copy of the forms for the Goodbye Grievance as well as the Request to Elevate. You can also find the Goodbye Grievance forms in the most recent Pay Problem Package created by FEA Europe General Counsel Bill Freeman.

FEA members in foreign areas who take advantage of DoDEA's Authorized Departure option because they believe themselves to be at heightened risk of poor health outcomes due to COVID-19 exposure are also advised to file the Goodbye Grievance in the event you ultimately decide not to return to your assigned location after the Authorized Departure option is terminated.