September 5 2018 FEA Europe Report
5 September, 2018
1. Personal Email account
2. RAT Travel Reimbursement Info
3. Info on Taxed Moves
4. Membership Materials information
5. Association Evening
6. European Area Council Meeting
7. FEA Europe Leadership
8. TSP Loan info
9. Tatum Book Club Course (8 Sept. Deadline)
10. LES Check up
11. Mark Your Calendar
12. FEA Election Information
13. Area Director's travels
1. Personal Email Account -- This year we will be looking to gather an email address from all members that is not a DoDEA email account address. The reason for this is to better inform members, as well as provide, what could be considered political information, to members. Your FRS will be asking and collecting them in the coming months so there can be a distribution list. We know many of you are registered for the president's report, which does require a personal email, which is already beneficial, however, so that your faculty representative can provide you with information they too, will be asked to gather an email from you. Email accounts are easy these days and require very little info to be given to get an email account. We do not want to cause any more work for you, but do want to provide you with updates with all possible information for your benefit. We hope you can help when the time comes.
2. RAT Travel Directions for Reimbursement -- All copies of airline etickets, receipts and 1351-2 signed by your supervisor should be sent to HQ.DTS_DoDEA@hq.dodea.edu. Also, DTS can't pay out shipping costs....that costs was funded and has to be paid through the TOPS orders. The orders (ALL pages and amendments) along with a 1351-2, and receipts should be sent through the normal or rather "old" process that everyone has been accustomed to in the past and sent to HQPCSRATVouchers@hq.dodea.edu. Anything sent directly to DFAS will not be processed and "should" be returned to sender. (Attached to this update is also the directions for filling for reimbursement of RAT/ED travel)
3. Info on Taxed PCS/Retirement Moves -- A bipartisan group of five Senators this week introduced legislation that would allow the government to reimburse incoming and departing federal civilian employees for taxes assessed to them on moving allowances and assistance. FEA/NEA are among employee groups who have been urging lawmakers to rectify this situation, created by last year's tax changes. Learn more here Always check the FEA website for more info.
4. Membership Materials for SY 18-19 -- If you are the membership coordinator or FRS taking care of the membership materials for you school, you will need this information. Once membership materials are completed they should be sent to:
PSC 41 Box 6725
APO AE 09464-0068
Brandy is our new membership coordinator and very knowledgeable about anything needed for starting/stopping dues or any other questions you may have.
5. Association Evening -- Please note also that September 12 will be an Association Evening at the Sai Nam Restaruant in Freihung by Vilseck and Netzaberg. All members are invited, and the flyer is attached.
6. EAC -- The European Area Council will be meeting on Thursday and Friday, September 13-14, in Vilseck. Approved minutes of this meeting will be published on the FEA website.
7. FEA Europe Leadership -- The Division Representatives and other FEA leaders for Europe for SY 16-17 are as follows:
• Europe West, Anita Lang
• Europe East 1, Susan Kelly
• Europe East 2, Stephen James
• Patricia Hannon, Europe Area HCR Coordinator
• Terry McClain, Europe Area Representative
8. TSP Loans - Many of us have had or have TSP Loans. One critical thing you must do at this time is to file the Notification to TSP of Non Pay Status, TSP Form 41. This is filed through your local payroll person. If this is not filed, then for those on the 21 pay plan the agency will be trying to take payment when there is no pay. This can cause a number of problems. When you return to pay status make sure also that you restart your payments.
9. Book Study Course - Deadline for sign up on this course is 8 September. Anita Lang has gotten approval for a book study running from 15 Sept. through 15 November 2018. A group will be created in NEA's EdCommunities (mynea360.org) and participants will be asked to respond weekly to questions, create a short action plan, implement plan and reflect. The book is called Why are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Beverly Daniel Tatum. See attached for more information about the course. A group name and credit information, in August, to those who sign up on the Google form here. https://goo.gl/forms/jDEMNgmoen9btQDl1
10. LES -- With the first full paycheck of the school year coming up on September 21, for those on the 21 pay plan, and those on 26 pay plan things should be continuing as usual, please check your Leave and Earnings statement carefully. Some things to watch for: that you are being paid on the right step; that your SCD is correct; that you have the correct number of leave days to include the 10 credited this year, and that any allotments you have are still correct. Also, for those who have a TSP loan and who stopped their payments over the summer be sure that the Agency has restarted the payments. Failure to do so can cause problems with TSP at tax time. If they are not taking out the payments you can use form TSP-41 to get them restarted. (attached is the salary organizer for this year)
11. Mark Your Calendar-
September 10 -- Europe East 1 FRS Contract Training (Kaiserslauther FCK Stadium)
September 12 -- Europe East 2 Contract Training (Vilseck Angerer Hotel)
September 12 -- Association Evening 1700 Sai Nam Restaruant in Freihung
September 13-14 -- European Area Council Meetings (Vilseck Angerer Hotel)
September 17 -- Europe West Contract Training for West Schools on the Continent (Brussels Hotel Siru)
September 19 -- Europe West Contract Training for UK schools (DSO Feltwell)
12. Election Information -- FEA members will elect four at-large officers this school year: President, Vice President, NEA Director for Federal, and FEA Human & Civil Rights Coordinator. To learn more, including how to nominate yourself or another FEA Active member, go to the FEA Election Information Page. The deadline for receipt of nomination forms is October 16, 2018.
13. Area Director's travels -- I was lucky enough to have attended the opening of SHAPE schools that start about two weeks earlier than most DoDDs Europe schools. I was also able to attend a very nice luncheon from the Netz/Graph schools in Netzaberg, as well as the famous Vilseck picnic. In the next two weeks we will be underway with the FRS trainings in Kaiserslautern, Vilseck, Brussels, and the U.K. Please be patient during this time as it could take time to get to all emails. You can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what's up.
FEA Europe Area Director