September 23, 2016 FEA Europe Update
Lisa's FEA Europe Update
23 September 2016
1. Retirement Articles
2. Links to October Teaching Resources
3. Did You Know?
4. FRS Trainings
5. A Little Humor
6. Quote for the Week
1. Retirement Articles:
Federal Retirement Planning Checklist: 5-10 Years Prior
8 Strategies for Federal Employees Planning to Retire in the Next 5 Years
Thrift Savings Plan Returns:
Monthly and Annual - G, F, C, S, I and L Funds
Updated: September 6, 2016
Best Dates to Retire for CSRS and FERS Employees During 2016, 2017 and 2018
TSP Withdrawal Option: Full Withdrawal - TSP Annuity
Checklist for September 2016 FEGLI Open Season
Get a Free Subscription to the My Federal Retirement Email Newsletter
2. Links to October Teaching Resources:
3. Did You Know?
· All of the mountains on Saturn's moon Titan are named after peaks in The Lord of the Rings?
· Astronaut's helmets contain a small piece of Velcro so they can scratch their noses.
· Splenda was an insecticide that became a sweetener when as assistant misheard an order to ‘test' it as ‘taste it.
· The Louvre was built in 1190 as a defense against Viking raids.
· There are whales alive today that were born before Moby Dick was written in 1851.
· Mo Farah, Sir Roger Bannister, Sir Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny and Sir Steve Redgrave were all born on March 23rd.
· If North Dakota were an independent nation, it would be the world's third-largest nuclear power.
---from 1,339 Facts to Make Your Jaw Drop
4. FRS Trainings: It was great to get out to the FRS trainings over the past couple of weeks and meet our local leaders. All of you, FRSs and FRs, have difficult jobs for which there is sometimes little recognition. FEA Europe appreciates all of the work that you do and thanks you for your service to our teachers. If you have any questions or are missing any materials, please let Alex or me know.
5. A Little Humor for the week: "If I won the lottery, I wouldn't be one of those people who immediately quit their jobs. I'd make my boss's life a living hell for a week or two first.---from Man Walks into a Bar
6. Quote for the Week: "I skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been." ---Wayne Gretzky
Have a GREAT weekend!
FEA Europe West Area Director