September 13, 2013 FEA Europe Update1. FEA FRS Training
2. Fall EAC Meeting
3. September JCC
4. Retirement Related Articles
5. RAT Claims
6. Focus on the Contract
1. FEA FRS Training: FRS trainings are underway. Bavaria training is today in Ansbach, with Kaiserslautern and Wiesbaden/Stuttgart/Isles Continent Schools next Monday and Tuesday respectively, with Isles UK schools finishing up Monday, the 23rd of September. This is a chance for newly-elected FRSs to receive valuable contract training and a refresher course for returning FRSs.
2. Fall EAC Meeting: The annual fall meeting of the European Advisory Council will be held next week in Wiesbaden. All union leaders in Europe will be in attendance along with our UniServ Attorneys, FEA President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer. Several school visits and local association meetings are planned as part of this annual meeting. Please take advantage of the opportunity to meet with us during any meetings/socials scheduled in your area.
3. September JCC: Our September JCC meeting is scheduled for next week in Wiesbaden. We will forward the minutes as soon as they are available.
4. Retirement Related Articles: I have attached several articles related to retirement, including TSP returns for August, an overview of both the CSRS and FERS retirement systems, best dates to retire for 2014, and others.
5. RAT Claims: I am receiving reports of changes to the process for filing RAT claims, and am communicating with the Washington office to acquire more information. If you have been denied payment of your RAT claim, you should have received an explanation for the denial. If you did not, please let me know.
6. Focus on the Contract: This week's Focus on the Contract addresses Article 4, of the CBA--- JCC (Joint Cooperation Committees).
Section 3, Part A., states the following: The purpose of the committees shall be to promote and to facilitate understanding and constructive Relationships between the Association and the Employer.
Consultation sis a process short of negotiations whereby the Employer and Association Representative(s) discuss matters of mutual concern. The consultations process will be conducted through Joint Cooperation Committee (JCC) meetings which are fact-to-face meetings between the Employer and Association Representative(s). Joint Cooperation Committees shall be established at the school level and district levels.
Section 1. Committee meetings at the school level shall be held by mutual agreement, but not less than monthly, by request of either party.
2. Committee meetings at the district level shall be held by mutual agreement.
For more information on how our organization works, please refer to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which may be found in its entirety at www.feaonline.org. You will need your membership number to log in.
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble."---Dashiel Hammett; American writer
FEA Area Director
Isles, Wiesbaden, Stuttgart, Cuba