August 31 2011 FEA Europe Report1. Welcome to School Year 2011-12
2. FEA Communication
3. FRS/FR Contact Information
4. FRS Training Dates
5. FEA President Visits UK
6. Mark Your Calendars
7. Expiration Dates
8. Pay Organizer
9. Area Director Travels
1. Welcome to School Year 2011-2012: For those of you returning to DoDDS-E, I hope you had a wonderful summer, and I wish you a great new school year. For those of you new to DoDDS-Europe, welcome to you. I wish you all the best as you begin your new school year in DoDDS-E. FEA is happy to assist you in any way possible.
2. FEA Communication: Your pocket FEA calendar is a great guide to FEA and the people you may need to reach. As Area Director for the Heidelberg and Isles districts, as well as our members in Cuba, my office is in Building 58 at RAF Feltwell, UK (Country Code 44). My direct phone in my office is 163852-7662. You can also contact me by using DSN 226-7662. This information is different from that published in the FEA calendar, as I have moved into a new office over the summer.
Information for your District Representatives is as follows: Heidelberg: Nancy Almendras and Isles: Anita Lang. Our European Human and Civil Rights Coordinator is Alina Rozanski. Each of these ladies is available on Outlook.
3. FRS/FR Contact Information: Please make sure that we have the current FRS/FRs at your school on our mailing list so that our information can be shared quickly. We will continue to update our mailing lists as corrections come in. Send all corrections, additions, and new names to your area director as well as your District Representative, and Linda Shahan on Outlook.
4. FRS Training Dates: For your planning purposes, the FRS Contract Training Dates are as follows:
Friday Sept 9 - Isles (England Schools) (Training location Bldg.58 on RAF Feltwell)
Monday Sept 12 - Bavaria (Training in Nuremberg)
Wednesday Sept 14 - Heidelberg (including Isles Schools on the continent) (Training in Wiesbaden)
Wednesday Sept 14 -- Kaiserslautern (Training in Kaiserslautern)
Thursday/Friday Sept 15/16 - The European Area Council will meet in Kaiserslautern
FRS's: If you have not received your membership materials, please contact your District Rep.
Information/Directions regarding training locations will be sent to FRSs directly.
5. FEA President to Visit Lakenheath: FEA President Michael Priser will be visiting the Lakenheath Complex during the first week of September. He will visit schools on the Feltwell and Lakenheath Bases before speaking to teachers at the LHS Auditorium after school on the 8th. Michael will also participate in the Isles FRS training on the 9th. Remember, you can sign up to get the President's Report directly by going to www.feaonline.org.
6. Mark your Calendars:
September 5 -- Labor Day
September 9 -- FRS Training, Isles
September 12 -- FRS Training, Bavaria
September 14 -- FRS Training, Heidelberg, Kaiserslautern
September 15/16 -- EAC, Kaiserslautern
7. Expiration Dates: Please remember to check for expiration dates on the following items: driver's license, license plates/registration, automobile insurance, ESSO Fuel Cards (Europe), Passports, and Visas. For those of you in the UK, please be sure to check with your local contact person for the most up-to-date visa renewal information.
8. Pay Organizer: Attached is the updated Pay Organizer. Thank you to Larry Tjeltveit for providing this for us.
9. Area Directors' Travels: Alex will be in Bamberg on September 1st and Schweinfurt Friday, the 2nd. Acting Director Marilee Fitzgerald is also scheduled to visit those schools. Hopefully Alex will get the chance to meet with her as well. I will begin my travels this year with schools on the continent during the second full week of September before conducting Heidelberg and Isles Continent Schools' training on the 14th. Alex and I will then head to Kaiserslautern for our first EAC meeting of the year from the 15th-16th. As always, when we travel, we look forward to meeting with our members and hearing your concerns. Please take advantage of having us in your area to make sure we hear what you have to say.
Here's wishing you a GREAT new school year!