August 30 2013 FEA Europe Update
1. Start of School
2. FEA FRS Training
3. Interesting Articles
4. Pearson Digital Resources
5. Pay Problems
1. Start of School: Congratulations on completing the first week of school. I hope your year is off to a good start, though as usual the beginning of school has not been without hiccups. Stay focused---you have colleagues who are willing to help.
2. FEA FRS Training: FEA will be conduction annual training for FRSs and FRs during the month of September. A schedule of trainings and locations with POCs is attached. Please contact the POC for your training if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you soon.
3. Interesting Articles: I am attaching several articles from www.myfederalretirement.com., including the best dates to retire, FEHB open season dates, Long Term Care insurance costs, the effects of the Supreme Court ruling on DOMA on financial planning, and TSP returns for July.
4. Pearson Digital Resources: Attached is a memorandum from DoDEA HQ announcing the continued use of online Pearson Digital Resources for K-6 English/Language Arts classroom teachers. This is great news for those of you who requested continued use of these resources.
5. Pay Problems: I am already receiving numerous concerns regarding a variety of pay problems. Bill Freeman is FEA's POC for pay grievances, but remember; your first course of action should be to file a pay inquiry with the CSR for your district. Your school personnel secretary should have this information for you.
6. Holiday: This Monday is our first Federal holiday of this school year---Labor Day. Enjoy!
7. Updates: The weekly updates are sent via Outlook to all FRSs in Europe. If you are an FRS and do not receive directly from either Alex or myself, please let us know.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."----Benjamin Franklin, American diplomat
FEA Area Director
Isles, Wiesbaden, Stuttgart, Cuba