August 22 2018 FEA Europe Report
22 August, 2018
1. Welcome Back
2. RAT Travel Reimbursement Info
3. Info on Taxed Moves
4. Membership Materials information
5. Association Evening
6. European Area Council Meeting
7. FEA Europe Leadership
8. TSP Loan info
9. NEA Lesson info
10. LES Check up
11. Mark Your Calendar
12. Non-Temporary Storage Info
13. FEA Election Information
1. Welcome Back -- Welcome back to returnees, and hello to all new colleagues. It is hard to believe that the summer passed so quickly and seems yesterday we were talking about what we would do when school was finished. There have been changes over the summer to a number of policies in DoDEA, and FEA has been working hard to keep all updated. Visiting www.FEAonine.org will give you the updates and also allow you to sign up for the President's report. This report went out on Monday, has up-to-date info, and goes out twice monthly. I will send out updates as well, and of course when there is ‘Breaking News' will inform all immediately.
2. RAT Travel Directions for Reimbursement -- All copies of airline etickets, receipts and 1351-2 signed by your supervisor should be sent to this email. Also, DTS can't pay out shipping costs....that costs was funded and has to be paid through the TOPS orders. The orders (ALL pages and amendments) along with a 1351-2, and receipts should be sent through the normal or rather "old" process that everyone has been accustomed to in the past and sent to this email. Anything sent directly to DFAS will not be processed and "should" be returned to sender. (Attached to this update is also the directions for filling for reimbursement of RAT/ED travel)
3. Info on Taxed PCS/Retirement Moves -- A bipartisan group of five Senators this week introduced legislation that would allow the government to reimburse incoming and departing federal civilian employees for taxes assessed to them on moving allowances and assistance. FEA/NEA are among employee groups who have been urging lawmakers to rectify this situation, created by last year's tax changes. Learn more about the proposed legislation to fix this tax burden at http://feaonline.org/passport/issues/proposedtaxfix.htm. Always check the FEA website for more info www.FEAonline.org
4. Membership Materials for SY 18-19 -- If you are the membership coordinator or FRS taking care of the membership materials for you school, you will need this information. Once membership materials are completed they should be sent to:
PSC 41 Box 6725
APO AE 09464-0068
Brandy is our new membership coordinator and very knowledgeable about anything needed for starting/stopping dues or any other questions you may have. If anyone is stopping their dues, they must complete an 1188 by SEPTEMBER 1 of 2018.
5. Association Evening -- Please note also that September 12 will be an Association Evening at the Sai Nam Restaruant in Freihung by Vilseck and Netzaberg. All members are invited, and a reminder flyer will be sent soon.
6. EAC -- The European Area Council will be meeting on Thursday and Friday, September 13-14, in Vilseck. Approved minutes of this meeting will be published on the FEA website.
7. FEA Europe Leadership -- The Division Representatives and other FEA leaders for Europe for SY 16-17 are as follows:
• Europe West, Anita Lang
• Europe East 1, Susan Kelly
• Europe East 2, Stephen James
• Patricia Hannon, Europe Area HCR Coordinator
• Terry McClain, Europe Area Representative
8. TSP Loans - Many of us have had or have TSP Loans. One critical thing you must do at this time is to file the Notification to TSP of Non Pay Status, TSP Form 41. This is filed through your local payroll person. If this is not filed, then for those on the 21 pay plan the agency will be trying to take payment when there is no pay. This can cause a number of problems. When you return to pay status make sure also that you restart your payments. You can find the form here
9. National Education Association info (NEA) -- NEA provides a wealth of material for teachers and this link provides ideas to start the school. click here They also provide ideas for proven complete lessons, aligned to CCR standards with this link Better Lessons Hope this can help, and we encourage you to visit the NEA webpages for all the information happening stateside.
10. LES -- With the first full paycheck of the school year coming up on September 21, for those on the 21 pay plan, and those on 26 pay plan things should be continuing as usual, please check your Leave and Earnings statement carefully. Some things to watch for: that you are being paid on the right step; that your SCD is correct; that you have the correct number of leave days to include the 10 credited this year, and that any allotments you have are still correct. Also, for those who have a TSP loan and who stopped their payments over the summer be sure that the Agency has restarted the payments. Failure to do so can cause problems with TSP at tax time. If they are not taking out the payments you can use form TSP-41 to get them restarted.
11. Mark Your Calendar-
September 3 -- Labor Day Federal Holiday
September 10 -- Europe East 1 FRS Contract Training (Kaiserslauther FCK Stadium)
September 12 -- Europe East 2 Contract Training (Vilseck Angerer Hotel)
September 12 -- Association Evening 1700 Sai Nam Restaruant in Freihung
September 13-14 -- European Area Council Meetings (Vilseck Angerer Hotel)
September 17 -- Europe West Contract Training for West Schools on the Continent (Brussels Hotel Siru)
September 19 -- Europe West Contract Training for UK schools (DSO Feltwell)
12. Non-Temporary Storage - Goods in Storage: If you have goods in storage, you should normally receive a "fund cite" in September. The fund citations for the storage are done on a fiscal year basis. DoDEA notifies the storage companies of the new fund citations and employees about the same time. The notices go initially to the school secretary, who should distribute them to employees. If you have not received a notice, please check first with your school secretary.
13. Election Information -- FEA members will elect four at-large officers this school year: President, Vice President, NEA Director for Federal, and FEA Human & Civil Rights Coordinator. To learn more, including how to nominate yourself or another FEA Active member, go to the FEA Election Information Page at http://feaonline.org/passport/communication/governance/election.htm. The deadline for receipt of nomination forms is October 16, 2018.
FEA Europe Representative