June 14, 2016 FEA Europe Update
Lisa's FEA Europe Update
14 June 2016
1. FRS Trainings/EAC Meeting
2. TSP Returns
3. Quote for the Week
4. A Little Humor to End the School Year
FRS Training/EAC Meeting: Annual FRS trainings as well as the fall European Area Council meetings will be held mid-September across Europe. H.T. Nguyen, FEA Executive Director, Chuck McCarter, FEA President, Jan and Bill Freeman, and Alex Nguyen, UniServ Attorneys for Europe will be here conducting the trainings and meeting with members. The culmination of this will be an Isles FEA Association Day, with Lily Eskelsen Garcia, NEA President will be the featured speaker.
TSP Returns: Click on the link below to access the latest TSP returns. TSP Returns.
Quote for the Week: "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will, too..." Hope Floats---1998
A Little Humor or Interesting Factoids to End the School Year:
* The same man invented heroin and aspirin in the same year. Heroin was originally marketed as a cough medicine. (Felix Hoffman, 1897)
*Caffeine is made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen; the same as cocaine, thalidomide, nylon, TNT and heroin.
*In 2012, Apple Inc., had more money than the US Government.
*In his first year at Harrow, Winston Churchill was bottom of the whole school.
* The world's population spends 500,000 hours a day typing Internet security codes.
* The US tax code is four times as long as the complete works of Shakespeare.
* Biologically speaking, ‘bugs' are insects that suck.
* London, with a population of over 8 million is not a city, though the City of London, with a population of about 7 thousand is.
* The main predators of flamingos are zookeepers.
* An orange is a berry but a strawberry isn't.
* A ‘riot' in England and Wales must legally involve at least 12 people.
* 11 of the 12 men who have walked on the moon were in the Boy Scouts.
* The National Health Service in the UK is the world's 4th largest employer---AFTER the US Department of Defense, The Chinese Red Army and Walmart.
* In online dating sites you are more likely to come across a teacher or lecturer than any other profession.
* An Ultracrepidarian is someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
* Sitting in a 15 minute meeting uses more energy than Usain Bolt expends over three 100-metre sprints.
* Wars kill more civilians than soldiers; in a way, the safest place to be is usually in the army.
* More than 1 in 20 football injuries are caused by celebrating goals on the pitch.
* Quantophrenia is an obsessive reliance on statistics.
Have a GREAT summer!
FEA Europe North (soon to be West) Area Director