May 29 2013 FEA Europe Update
Lisa's FEA Europe Update
29 May 2013
1. Furloughs: I am sure that by now all of you have had a chance to read Dr. Bresell's message regarding furlough days. Remember that this is NOT a definite announcement of a furlough, but rather what the plan is IF a furlough takes place. Please continue to check www.feaonline.org, for the latest on the furlough situation. Please make sure to do this from your private, home computer.
2. Area JCC: The next Area JCC will be held Tuesday, 04 June in Wiesbaden.
3. 21/26 Pay Periods Election: May 31st is the last day if you want to switch between 21/26 pay periods. I have attached the MOU covering this, as well as the form needed. Please submit this form to the personnel secretary at your school for processing. Bill Freeman, FEA UniServ, recommends that if you are currently receiving your pay over 26 pay periods, that you switch back to 21 pay periods before you retire. So, if you are planning to retire within the next year, this is your only opportunity to make this switch.
Remember, you cannot submit the form after May 31st, so do not leave it too late.
5. Local Leader Elections: By now, most of our schools have completed local leader elections for the next school year. Many of you have already sent us the results, but if you have not, please do so soon.
6. TSP Loans: For those of you with TSP loans you must file the Notification to TSP of Non Pay Status, TSP For, 41. This is filed through your local payroll clerk. When you return to pay status, your re-payments will begin again. Here is the link for the form.
7. Goodbye Grievance: If you are planning to retire or resign this year, or just leaving Europe, make sure you FILE and ELEVATE a goodbye grievance before your last duty day. If your FRS does not have a copy, please contact your District Representative or Area Director.
8. Summer Plans: Your FEA leaders and UniServ Attorneys will be on leave this summer, as well as teachers. We will continue to check our email periodically, though there may be some delay in responding.
9. NEA RA/FEA Meeting: Our annual FEA General Meeting will take place June 30 and July 1 in Atlanta, Georgia, followed by the NEA Representative Assembly. If you will be in Atlanta during this time, you are more than welcome to attend the FEA General Membership Meeting. For more information on location and times, contact the FEA Washington office.
Liberty Intermediate School: Congratulations to Dawn Mitchell (correction from last week) who has been elected to serve as FRS for LIS for next year.
Ramstein High School: Congratulations to Angela Miller for being elected FRS for SY 13-14.
Menwith Hill E/HS: Congratulations to Randi Newton and David Hines who have been elected FRS and FR respectively, for SY 13-14.
SHAPE ES & HS: Congratulations and a big thank you to Karla Biggs who has been elected to serve as FRS at SHAPE HS for next year, and to Ellen Crawford, who will serve as FRS at SHAPE ES.
VILSECK HS: Congratulations to Kevin Anglim, elected to serve again as the FRS at Vilseck HS.
Lakenheath ES: Congratulations to Sherri Eddowes-Plummer on being re-elected FRS for LES.
Kaiserslautern HS: Congratulations to Dennis Decker, FRS, and Kathleen Breault, FR, for being elected to represent your teachers next year.
Sincere thanks to all of you who have been elected, or re-elected, to serve our members.
"My fellow graduates, the answer is....I don't know."---Lelaina Pierce (Winona Ryder) in Reality Bites; screenplay by Helen Childress.
Have a great week!
FEA Area Director
Heidelberg, Isles, Cuba