May 26 2010 FEA Europe UpdatePDF for LES abbreviations
Retro Pay Worksheets
FRS Training Dates for SY 10/11
FEA Annual Meeting/NEA RA
May Area JCC
My last Update
1. Please find attached an instruction (explanation PDF for LES abbreviations) PDF sent to secretaries outlining LES questions. Hopefully this will answer more questions than it raises! J
2. Retro Pay Worksheets: You should be receiving a print out detailing how your Retroactive Pay was calculated. If you have not received it, ask your school secretary.
3. FRS Training Dates for SY 10/11:For your planning purposes, the FRS Contract Training Dates are as follows:
Friday Sept 10 - Isles (England Schools) (Training location TBA in the Lakenheath Complex)
Monday Sept 13 - Kaiserslautern (Training in Kaiserslautern)
Monday Sept 13 - Heidelberg (including Isles Schools on the continent) (Training in Wiesbaden)
Wednesday Sept 15 - Bavaria (Training in Nuremberg)
Thursday/Friday Sept16,17 - The European Area Council will meet in Garmisch
Please note, the dates above are correct... there are two trainings scheduled on Sept 13.
4. FEA Annual Meeting/NEA RA: The FEA Annual Meeting and NEA Representative Assembly will take place this year in New Orleans. The Annual Meeting is open to all members and takes place June 30 and July 1st. The RA runs July 1 - 6th and is always an amazing experience. If you are going to be in the New Orleans area during that time, consider stopping in. Check the FEA website for details and information.
Items from Michael Priser's last Update
5. PAY PROBLEMS: Since our most recent update, it has been reported to FEA that there may be at least 600 DoDDS employees who have had erroneously large TSP contributions deducted from their most recent pay. FEA has called DoDEA Headquarters' attention to this matter and DLA is also working to correct the issue, which they describe as a "glitch" in the pay system. The exact reasons for this pay error remain unclear but DFAS has said that affected employees will receive back pay on their next paycheck on May 28. If you have been affected by this problem and have not done so already, please immediately inform your DFAS Customer Service Rep of the problem so they can be sure you receive your back pay later this month. All employees are encouraged to review this week's LES statement very carefully.
6.PROTECT YOURSELF: A reminder: leave and earning statements will no longer be available in printed format unless you specifically request to receive them. The electronic LES statements that will replace the printed version will only be available online for one year after each is first issued. In order to ensure that you always have a reliable record in case you need it, FEA highly recommends that you either print or electronically save the online LES you receive, or you go to MyPay to request that the printed LES still be sent to you. Keeping complete and accurate records of your pay and other professional records is always a wise idea.
7. Please watch for the May Area JCC minutes later this week or the beginning of next week.
8. My last Update will be June 9th!
FEA Europe Area Director
Federal Education Association
Work 354-6844 Civ 09721-4758012
Home Fax/Answering machine 09725-5372