May 22 2015 FEA Europe Update
Lisa's FEA Europe Update
22 May 2015
1. HCR News
2. Retirement Articles
3. USD Summer Opportunities
4. Rainbow & Illesheim Closures
5. Link to Salary Update Information
6. End of School Year Activities
7. 7 Ways to Thank Teachers at the End of the Year
8. A Little Humor
1. HCR News: Please see the attached HCR Update for May. This information is from Alina Rozanski, HCR Representative for Europe.
2. Retirement Articles: Links for retirement and other information are below:
Thrift Savings Plan Returns:
Monthly and Annual - G, F, C, S, I and L Funds
Updated: May 3, 2015
Special Considerations for Thrift Savings Plan Withdrawals
'Most Livable Neighborhoods' For People Age 50+
Bill Seeks to Reduce FEHBP Prescription Drug Costs
3. USD Summer Opportunities: San Diego's most popular summer travel graduate credit classes are back!
Combine travel plans with learning this summer! Explore your community or beyond to invigorate and optimize your teaching. Create new lesson plans or augment existing ones by visiting new places and using the information you gain to enliven your student's learning.
Travel locally, nationally or internationally Each of the three courses can be taken multiple times by selecting a different destination for each enrollment.
Enroll in three different categories depending on your destination.
Choose One of These Course Categories:
Visit places such as local cultural centers, libraries, memorials, museums, nature reserves, parks or recycling centers to enhance your curriculum.
Travel nationally and visit places such as the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, Museum of Science and Industry, Newseum or Yosemite National Park to improve student learning.
Travel internationally to places such as the Anne Frank House, Claude Monet's Home and Garden or the Egyptian Pyramids to broaden your student's understanding.
(Thank you to Terese Sarno for providing this information.)
4. Rainbow & Illesheim Closures: To date all but one of the Rainbow and Illesheim teachers desiring placement have been placed.
5. FEA Salary Update: Below is the link to the latest information on our salary information. You will need your FEA membership number to log in.
6. End of the School Year: It's not too early to start planning for the end of the school year. Below are several links to help you out.
Top 12 Effective End of the Year Activities
Tips to Wrap Up the School Year!
End of the Year Things
8 Things It's Okay to Do at the End of the School Year
26 Fun and Memorable End of the School Year Celebration Ideas
60 Ways to Survive & Thrive as the School Year Ends
Finishing the School Year Strong
7. 7 Ways to Thank Teachers at the End of the Year: If only our students, their parents, and our administrators knew how much this would mean, more would do it. The number one way----write a thank you note.
8. A Little Humor: Stress from Man Walks into a Bar
· I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.
· I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, smoking too much, impulse buying and driving too fast. That's my idea of a perfect day.
And remember: change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Have a great weekend!
FEA Area Director