April 13, 2017 FEA Europe Update
Lisa's FEA Europe Update
13 April 2017
1. Training Opportunity for Graduate Credit
2. RA Delegates
3. Retirement Article
4. Quote for the Week
5. Interesting Fact
1. Training Opportunity for Graduate Credit: FEA will be sponsoring the course, "Leadership Skills in the 21st Century: LGBT Issues", on the weekend of 21-23 April 2017 in Stuttgart. The course begins with a dinner meeting on Friday after school and concludes on Sunday afternoon. All teachers within the area are welcome to attend. This course may be taken for 1 semester hour of Graduate credit through either USD or Ashland University. For more information, or if you would like to sign up for the class, please contact Lisa Ali or John Crowe on Outlook.
This same course will be offered in the Wiesbaden complex 5-7 May 2017. Anyone within driving distance of Wiesbaden is welcome to attend. Please email Lisa Ali or John Crowe of your interest.
2. RA Delegate Election: Congratulations to the following members for being elected as delegates to the NEA Representative Assembly being held in Boston this summer.
3. Retirement Article:
New Thrift Savings Plan Withdrawal Options Proposal
4. Quote for the Week: A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.---Martin Luther King Jr.
5. An Interesting Fact: The Somali word for "president" also means "big head", and the candidate with the biggest head usually wins. ---from 1411 Facts to Knock You Sideways
FEA Europe West Area Director
Isles, Wiesbaden, Stuttgart, Cuba