March 8 2012 FEA Europe Update1. Read Across America
2. Poem in Your Pocket Day
3. TSP Options
4. Excess Teacher Placements
5. Transfer Program
6. Area Director Travels
7. FEA Europe Election Results
1. Read Across America: Please remember to submit your pictures and articles of Read Across America Activities. Information on this activity is needed for both our European UNITY and the FEA Journal. Submit information to Lisa Ali for the UNITY and Gary Hritz at GHritz@nea.org for the FEA Journal.
2. Poem in Your Pocket Day: April 26, 2012, is Poem in Your Pocket Day. The idea is simple, select a poem that you love, and during National Poetry Month (April), carry it with you to share with family, co-workers, and friends. Check out the follow site for more information: http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/406
Thanks to Chuck McCarter for sharing this information.
3. TSP Options: I am attaching some articles from www.myfederalretirement.com. One is a new online tool for estimating your retirement costs. Another is an article entitled Progress in Reducing Backlog of Retirement Processing---more retirements than usual in the month of February could cause delays in retirement processing, and finally, attached are TSP Returns, updated March 2, 2012.
4. Excess Teacher Placements: Excess teacher placements have not been completed as yet. With new drawdown information received last week, this has delayed the excess program in DoDDs-E.
5. Transfer Program: As of today the transfer program has been delayed by one week. Be sure to check www.feaonline.org, for the most recent transfer program information.
6. Area Director Travels: There will be no update next week as Alex and I will be in Washington attending the FEA Board of Directors Meeting.
7. FEA Europe Election Results: Congratulations to the following members who have been elected to positions in FEA Europe leadership beginning SY 2012.
Spring 2012 FEA European Election Results
European Human Civil Rights Coordinator
NEA Representative Assembly
Bavaria - Alina Rozanski, Alex Veto
Heidelberg - Nancy Harb Almendras, Chuck McCarter
Isles - Anita Lang
Kaiserslautern - BettyLou Cummins, David Dittmer
Bavaria - Terry McClain
Heidelberg - Nancy Harb Almendras
Isles - Anita Lang
Kaiserslautern - Terese Sarno
FEA District Human Civil Rights Coordinator
Bavaria - Tamica Smithson
Heidelberg - Amy Rush
Isles - Estelle Brown
Kaiserslautern - Write In Candidate: Linda Ware-Brown
Have a great week!
Lisa Garmon Ali
FEA Europe Area Director
PSC 41 Box 5569
APO AE 09464
Tel: 44-1638527662 (outside UK)