March 2, 2010 FEA Europe Update1. President Obama Appoints FEA Exec to Advisory Council
2. Transfer Program
3. Excess Renewal Credit
4. Training this summer for AP teachers
5. NEA's Read Across America
6. Quick reminder
7. HCR EEO Workshop
8. FAQ concerning Conversion to Permanent Position
9. Dates to Remember
10. Away from the office
1. Congratulations to HT Nguyen!
President Obama Appoints FEA Exec to Advisory Council
FEA Executive Director/General Counsel H.T. Nguyen has been appointed by President Barack Obama to the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations.
The Council was created in 2009 by Executive Order and is tasked with advising President Obama on matters involving labor-management relations in the Executive branch.
Nguyen is among eight appointees to the Council from professional associations representing federal employees. The Council is co-chaired by the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, John Berry, and the Deputy Director for Management of the Office of Management and Budget, Jeffrey Zients. Officials from several government departments and agencies have also been designated to the Council by President Obama, including Deputy Secretary of the Department of Defense William J. Lynn.
2. Transfer Program: I have attached the most current (as of this sending) list of vacancies. Watch the DoDEA web site for updated listings
A reminder that tomorrow is the deadline for amending your Transfer Application. FEA continues to look in to reports of vacancies that do not appear on this list and will try to get every vacancy possible included.
3. Back by popular demand! Please find attached the MOU concerning Excess Renewal Credit for certification.
4. Training this summer for AP teachers: The application for AP training has a suspense of June 18, 2010 for those assigned to be AP teachers next year. More information can be obtained from you local administrator concerning this training.
5. NEA's Read Across America is on the DoDEA home web page. You can find information there or on the NEA website, including reading lists for our students. If you need some last minute ideas, go to www.nea.org/readacross.
6. A quick reminder if an FRS, Local President moves or a change happens (ie. phone number, mailing address, etc.) please let your District Rep and Area Director know about the changes.
7. HCR EEO Workshop: The next workshop is scheduled for March 20th in the Bavaria District. Watch future updates for times and location.
8. FAQ concerning Conversion to Permanent Position: This is the time second time of the year questions come in about converting to a permanent position. If you have asked HR questions about being converted and the information does not make sense please contact your District Rep or your Area Director.
9. Dates to Remember
March 2 - NEA's Read Across America - http://www.nea.org/readacross
March 3 - Deadline to amend Transfer Application
March 4 - Deadline to submit Transfer Application to FEA for verification
March 8 - Transfer Round begins
March 15 - 19 - FEA BOD Meeting, Washington DC
March 20 - HCR/EEO Workshop - Bavaria District - Linda Callender, POC
10. I will be away from the office starting March 6th and will return to the office March 22nd. During that time I will attend the Transfer Program and the FEA Board of Directors meeting. In the past, the hotel that is booked for us has had internet problems so connections will possibly cause a delay in response to your e-mails. For emergencies leave a message at FEA Washington, they can pass along a message to me.
FEA Europe Area Director
Federal Education Association
Work 354-6844 Civ 09721-4758012
Home Fax/Answering machine 09725-5372