December 5 2018 FEA Europe Update
5 December 2018
1. Open Season
2. HCR Newsletter/Link
3. Deadlines for Mailing from Europe
4. Pearl Harbor Day Info
5. Winter Solstice
6. Mark Your Calendar
7. Area Director's Travels
1. Open Season -- Open season for changes in insurance etc. starts Monday November 12, 2018 - Monday December 10, 2018, and there has been some questions about where to find EBIS. The site is not as easily accessible through the DoDEA website so I have included it here in case you need it. It is likely you will need to register as a new user, however, that is and easy task. I hope this will help you should you need to change any of your personal aspects in EBIS. EBIS site. To get the most up-to-date information about the FEHB plans you can visit MyFederalRetirement.com
2. The FEA Advocate, our HCR newsletter -- From our World Wide HCR Alina Rozanski, this issue contains information about free presidential portraits available for teaching resources, holiday picture books that help expose students to lesser known December celebrations, details about the FEA HCR Europe Human Rights Weekend, links to previous newsletters, and contact information for HCR advocates. View the HCR newsletter here.
3. Deadlines for mailing Packages for the Holidays:
11 DECEMBER . . . PRIORITY PARCELS
11 DECEMBER . . . FIRST CLASS LETTERS
17 DECEMBER . . . EXPRESS MAIL
4. Pearl Harbor Day -- Pearl Harbor Day is observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 citizens of the United States who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7.
5. Winter Solstice -- This year the winter solstice (or hibernal solstice), also known as midwinter, begins on Friday 21 December at 17:23 CET and 23:23 GMT, and is an astronomical phenomenon marking the day with the shortest period of daylight and the longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere.
6. Mark Your Calendar
November 12 -- December 10 Open Season
December 7 -- Pearl Harbor Day
December 14 -- Last Day before Winter Break
January 1 -- New Year's Day
January 2 -- First day of school after Winter Break
January 21 -- Martin Luther King Holiday
7. Area Director's Travels -- I will be attending the area JCC on 12 December as well as visiting schools in the Ramstein/Kaiserslautern area. You can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what's up.