November 24 2010 FEA Europe Update1. TSP 2010 Contributions
2. DMEO Office Contacts Have Changed
3. Area Directors' Travels
4. Weather Map
5. Notice of Election
6. Open Season
7. Settlement Agreement for Coaches
8. Inclement Weather
9. DoDDS Reunion
10. Mark Your Calendars
1. TSP 2010 CONTRIBUTIONS - The current pay period ends November 20, 2010. Employees wanting to ensure they maximize their TSP contributions for the year by contributing the maximum IRS Annual Deferral Limit should review their Leave and Earnings Statement to ensure they will reach the deferral limit by the pay period ending December 18, 2010. Contributions are counted toward the calendar year in which they are received. Contributions deducted for the pay period ending December 18th will be deducted from the pay received on December 23, 2010. Contributions deducted for the pay period beginning December 19, 2010 will be reflected in the pay received on January 7, 2011, counting toward calendar year 2011.
Employees should also keep in mind any TSP elections (new or changes) made on or after December 5, 2010 through December 18, 2010 become effective December 19, 2010. These contributions will be deducted from the pay check received on January 7, 2011, which will be credited toward the 2011 tax year. Elections can be made through EBIS. You may access EBIS at https://hq-w3.dodea.edu/. Elections made through EBIS are transmitted electronically to payroll alleviating the need for an election form to be completed.
Log on to EBIS by entering your USERID (SSN) and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Click on Transactions and follow the prompts to make the TSP election. If you do not have a PIN or have forgotten your PIN, you may establish or reestablish one for immediate use by clicking on the New User/Forgot Login link. You will need your latest Leave and Earnings Statement or Notification of Personnel Action to complete the information. Your PIN must be six (6) numbers and cannot be in the exact order of your Social Security number, date of birth, service computation date, or repetitive/consecutive numbers. If you need further assistance with making your election through EBIS, please contact your local Human Resources Representative, or contact the DLA Benefits Team as follows:
Benefits Team Line - 1-866-378-1171 (toll-free) 614-692-0233 (direct dial)
Benefits Team Fax - 614-693-1674
Benefits Team Email - DHRC-DDoDHRBENEFITS@dla.mil
Questions regarding this email should be emailed to the DoDEA HQ Benefits Section at Benefits@hq.dodea.edu.
Learn more about TSP by visiting the TSP website at www.tsp.gov.
2. DMEO Office Contacts Have Changed - The DMEO Office has moved to room 2-E-5 in the AAOT. Their office phone numbers are as follows:
Civilian Line from Inside Germany: 0611-380-7561
Civilian Line from Outside Germany: 49-611-380-7561
3. Area Directors' Travels -- Chuck will be visiting the Heidelberg schools on December 6. For me, I will be in the Ramstein/Landstuhl area from November 29 through December 1 and will be visiting the Schweinfurt schools on December 6 and the Bamberg schools on December 7. Both Chuck and I will be in Wiesbaden on December 3 for the Area JCC.
4. Weather Map -- Attached is a detailed weather map issued by the Grafenwohr Training Area. It shows the weather patterns across Europe through Saturday. For those of you traveling it might prove helpful.
5. Notice of Election - Please note that the November FEA Journal has announced Spring 2011 Election of Officers. You can also find further information at www.feaonline.org. The officers to be elected this spring include, FEA Director DDESS, Pacific Area Director, and the two Europe Area Directors. Please contact your FRS, District Rep, or AD for more information. Nomination forms are due December 17, 2010.
6. Open Season -- The Federal Benefits Open Season is going on now through December 13,2010. This is the time in which employees can enroll in the FSAFEDS Program for the 2011 Benefit Period. Current enrollees MUST re-enroll if they wish to participate in the 2011 Benefit Period. Enrollments DO NOT carry over year-to-year.
7. Settlement Agreement 08-08 (Hotel Expenses for Coaches)- Deadline December 10, 2010 - For any coach who was not reimbursed for hotel expenses since School Year 2006-2007, please read the FEA and management agreement online at http://feaonline.org/passport/legal/updates/coaches_expenses.htm. This site will explain how to submit a claim and respond to other details.
8. Inclement Weather - With winter arriving, FRS's should work with your principals to insure that the lines of communication are clear in case of school delays or closures. Please remember that the military commander makes the decision on weather related delays and closures. Attached is Article 22 of the Negotiated Agreement which deals with school closures.
9. DoDDS Reunion -- The annual DoDDS reunion will be held July 21-July 25, 2011 in Orlando, Florida at The Rosen Plaza hotel. For registration information: www.doddsworldreunion.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Prices go up December 1.
10. Mark Your Calendars --
November 8 -- December 13 -- FEHB Open Season
November 25 -- Thanksgiving
December 2 -- Hanukkah
December 25 - Christmas
December 18 -- January 2 Winter Break
11. Update - Chuck will be putting out the next Update on December 1. (Hard to believe that it is almost December !)
A Final Thought -- I would just like to take a moment and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. I know that one of the many things that I am thankful for is the opportunity to work along side all of you. So whether you are eating turkey or traveling to Turkey I hope you all have a great day and a restful break.
FEA Europe Area Director
Tel: 0160 2388051