November 15, 2018 FEA Europe Update
15 November 2018
1. Open Season
2. Update on MA+30 Case
3. Deadlines for Mailing from Europe
4. Election for NEA RA
5. NEA Free Life Insurance
6. Mark Your Calendar
7. Area Director's Travels
1. Open Season -- Open season for changes in insurance etc. starts Monday November 12, 2018 - Monday December 10, 2018, and there has been some questions about where to find EBIS. The site is not as easily accessible through the DoDEA website so I have included it here in case you need it. It is likely you will need to register as a new user, however, that is and easy task. I hope this will help you should you need to change any of your personal aspects in EBIS. Access the EBIS site here To get the most up-to-date information about the FEHB plans you can visit their plan comparison site.
2. Update on MA+30 Case -- They have paid 295 of 362 so far in the MA+ Case to the tune of an average of about $40,000 each or $12,000,000 in total. They have slowed way down. That may be because of the switch to CHRA...there is just no way to know. At any rate, we have a very long way to go in the MA+ Case. DoDDS still has to try to notify everyone employed since 2001...at least 9,000 people. This could get even more expensive for DoDDS.
3. Deadlines for mailing Packages for the Holidays:
27 NOVEMBER . . . SPACE AVAILABLE MAIL
11 DECEMBER . . . PRIORITY PARCELS
11 DECEMBER . . . FIRST CLASS LETTERS
17 DECEMBER . . . EXPRESS MAIL
4. Election of NEA RA -- Nomination forms for the NEA Representative Assembly (RA) are attached with this update. The information should be clear in this attachment, however, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to write to me at email@example.com or call the phone number listed in the FEA calendar. These nomination forms are to be ‘received by' December 1, so do not delay.
5. National Education Association info (NEA) -- NEA offers ‘complimentary' life insurance to all members by simply registering at this site. It is for $1000 or up to $5000 if on the job and you can also register your beneficiary immediately at this site. NEA Complimentary Life Insurance This is just another way NEA gives back to us.
6. Mark Your Calendar
November 12 -- December 10 Open Season
November 20 -- Universal Children's Day
November 22 -- Thanksgiving
7. Area Director's Travels -- Recently I took part in the Board of Directors meeting for FEA, and can tell you FEA is working for all on many fronts! You can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what's up.