November 12 2008 FEA Europe Update1. Apology
2. Membership processor Linda Shahan
3. Employee Benefits Information System
4. Important Reminder
5. Federal Benefits Open Season
6. Admin. Conference
7. NEA Foundation Awards for Teaching Excellence
1. First, I want to apologize to our District Reps and to Chuck McCarter. In my last UPdate I sent out the "Who Ya Gonna Call" sheet for Bavaria and not the one I had ready with simply the titles of District Rep and Area Director. Bavaria is large enough, Alex does not need the rest of Europe nor do I! Any how, my Apologies to Nancy Almendras, Kate Alexander, Lisa Ali and to Chuck McCarter, no slight was intended - just too fast of a click to attach!
2. Information from our membership processor Linda Shahan. Checks sent in for payment of dues should clear the banks by mid Nov.
Cycle 1 payroll deductions started with last Friday's paycheck. The Isles district did not get the new members in-put into the computer on time so the new payroll deduct members from the Isles district will begin payroll deductions with Cycle 2, PPE 6 Dec 08. Any questions or comments about payroll deductions at this point should go to Linda Shahan.
3. Back by popular demand! I have attached the Employee Benefits Information System PDF (EBIS). As stated before, there is a wealth of information to be found at this site. This particular PDF will help you create your user name and password to log in. One employee (my wife) tracked her retirement benefits though this site. Upon her final retirement statement from OPM the estimate found on EBIS was with-in $4.00 on the FERS Annuity and about $43.00 more on the Social Security Supplement per month. (Meaning she ended up with about $47.00 more than the sight estimated.) For a person without any complications like military transfer or purchased time while in another federal job this can really help in your planning.
4. Important Reminder: You MUST re-enroll in FSAFEDS each year to continue your participation. The Federal Benefits Open Season begins Monday, November 10 and ends on Monday, December 8. Don't forget to enroll! Click here for information on FSAFEDS. Thanks to our NEA Director for FEA, Trudy Pollard for this reminder.
5. This announcement was from DoDDS Personnel section.
Federal Benefits Open Season
The Federal Benefits Open Season begins Monday, November 10 and runs through Monday, December 8, 2008. During Open Season you can obtain information about the various choices you and your family are eligible for under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Program (FEDVIP), and the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program also known as FSAFEDS. This is your opportunity to evaluate the various programs and choices so you make the best decision for you and your family. The Open Season FastFacts provides basic information about Open Season.
6. Chuck and I will attend the Admin. Conference at the beginning of next week November 17-19. Please accept our apology for slow email responses during that time.
7. We recognize our own! The NEA honors public educators through the NEA Foundation Awards for Teaching Excellence. There is an nomination packet and it can be found on the NEA web site or you can ask for directions from our NEA Board of Directors Trudy Pollard. Trudy herself could be nominated in the way she weaves her work responsibility with the travel schedule of an NEA Board member. The nomination deadline is May 1, 2009. Here's the Web site for more information and nomination materials.
I hope your conferences went well and all is ready for the next big push to Winter break!
FEA Europe Area Director
Federal Education Association
Work 354-6844 Civ 09721-4758012
Home Fax/Answering machine 09725-5372