October 8 2008 FEA Europe UpdateOctober 8, 2008
1. VERA for SY 08-09
2. ELWOP and ARR
3. Planning their retirement
4. Reminder from Linda Shahan
5. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
6. Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHB)
7. FALL back one hour
8. UPdates for October
1. VERA for SY 08-09: VERA will be offered in Europe again this year with a deadline for submission to your supervisor. Retirement has to be no later than August 19, 2009. Please see your building Principal for information and application.
2. Educator and Administrator Educational Leave Without Pay and Administrative Reemployment Rights Programs were announced in the most recent Friday Packet. Applications for ELWOP and ARR should be completed and submitted through the applicant's supervisor and received at the DoDDS-E Human Resources Office no later than close of business on 15 December 2008.
3. For those planning their retirement, or close to retirement, the following link may help answer some questions.
4. A quick reminder from Linda Shahan to local membership processors and FRS's. Membership material is now due. Please send all of your information you currently have to: Linda Shahan, CMR 419, Box 1566, APO AE 09102. Thank you for your work!
5. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) on Sept. 25 announced the 2009 premium rates for the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program. Overall, an average enrollee's share of the premium will increase 7.9 percent, according to the agency. OPM said enrollees with self-only coverage will pay, on average, $4.83 more each pay period (about $125 per year) next year. Family coverage will cost an average $11.12 more per pay period (about $280 per year).
6. The Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHB) Open Season for 2009 runs from Nov. 10 through Dec. 8. During the period, employees can modify their mix of health- and family-care insurance products.
Get more information here.
7. Don't forget to change time on the 26th of October. We FALL back one hour Saturday night (Sunday morning at 1:00 A.M).
8. Updates for October will probably skip Wednesday Oct. 22, 2008. Chuck and I will be at the FEA Board of Directors meeting in Washington, D.C. Our Updates will resume Oct. 29th.
FEA Europe Area Director
Federal Education Association
Work 354-6844 Civ 09721-4758012
Home Fax/Answering machine 09725-5372