October 5 2011 FEA Europe Update1. Area Director Travels
2. Personnel Issues
3. Human Resources Contact Information
4. Ed-Division Phone Directory
5. Columbus Day October 10, 2011
6. Seasonal Flu Guidance
7. Bullying Prevention Month
8. FEA Resources
1. Area Director Travels: Alex has been out this week conducting school visits in the Kaiserslautern District. Both Alex and I will be in Washington during the week of 17-21 October to attend the FEA Board of Directors' Meeting.
2. Personnel Issues: For issues regarding certification, allowances, and retirement, please contact your Customer Service Representative from the attached HRO list. Be sure to ask for the regulatory citation that applies to your particular question. If you have any questions about the response, please contact your UniServ Attorney: Jan Freeman for Heidelberg, Isles, and Cuba Schools and Sequitta Banks for Bavaria and Kaiserslautern Schools.
3. Human Resources Contact Information: Attached is the contact information for the Customer Service Representatives for DoDDS-E.
4. Ed-Division Phone Directory: Attached is the Ed-Division phone directory for Dodd-E.
5. Columbus Day October 10: Columbus Day is celebrated on October 10th this year. Be sure to check out www.nea.org, for many autumn-themed classroom resources.
6. Flu Season: Attached is the seasonal flu guidance published by DoDDS-E. This is basically the same as last year's guidance, but if you have any questions, please contact your principal.
7. Bullying Prevention Month: October is Bullying Prevention Month. The following website: provides a host of information, including two videos of NEA President Dennis Van Roekel talking about bullying. Check out the NEA website for additional information.
8. FEA Resources: If you have not done so, please go to www.feaonline.org and sign up to receive Michael Priser's weekly reports sent directly to your e-mail. You will need to know your FEA membership number, which can be found on your membership card or the mailing label of your NEA Journal.
This website also contains information regarding the latest FEA/DoDEA MOU's as well as FEA's Maximize the Learning Campaign, and The Teaching Channel website.
Have a great week!
Lisa Garmon Ali
FEA Europe Area Director
PSC 41 Box 5569
APO AE 09464
Tel: 44-1638527662 (outside UK)