January 4 2011 FEA Europe Report1. Welcome Back
2. Leave Programs Announced
3. Area Directors' Travels
4. W-2 Forms
5. IRS Forms and Publications
6. Educator Career Program
7. Retirement Information
8. Early Notice Awards
9. Time and Date
10. VERA and Transfers
11. Mark Your Calendars
1.Welcome Back -- I hope that you all had a break that was everything that you wanted it to be. My wishes are that 2011 will be even a better year. There will be loads of important information coming out in the next month so please pay attention to these Updates. In addition, always remember that your best source for official information is www.feaonline.org Please excuse the large number of attachments on this Update but they include valuable information.
2. Leave Programs Announced -- The Educational Leave Without Pay (ELWOP) and Administrative Reemployment Rights (ARR) programs have been announced. See the links below for more information. Please note that the deadline to apply is January 12th.
ARR Fact Sheet
ELWOP Fact Sheet
3. Area Directors' Travels -- Weather permitting, I will be visiting Rainbow ES on January 6 and attending the Area JCC in Wiesbaden on the 7th. The following week I will be traveling to Bitburg and Spangdahlem for school visits there, and on January 19th and 20th will be in Baumholder. Chuck will also be in attendance at the JCC and will be visiting the Mannheim complex on January 12th.
4. W-2 Forms -- Your W-2 form should be available on the MyPay site starting January 6th.
5. IRS Forms and Publications -- As tax season approaches, this site has all of the forms and publications that you will need to complete your 2010 tax filing. Most can be done electronically. http://www.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsInstructions.html? indexOfFirstRow=0&sortColumn=sortOrder&value=&criteria=&resultsPerPage=25&isDescending=false
6. Educator Career Program -- The ECP announcement is now open with a deadline for application of January 18th. Please see the attached.
7. Retirement Information -- Thinking about retiring? The NEA Member Benefits website has a "5 Minute Retirement Checkup" that may be useful…go to www.neamb.com/5toRetire. Also, remember the EBIS website has a retirement calculator as well.
8. Early Notice Awards - Ms. Fitzgerald has approved an Early Notice Award for educators who notify DoDEA Human Resources (HR) that they are leaving our school system at the end of the current school year. To be eligible to receive the award, educators must originate an RPA through their school administrator no later than January 14, 2011.The attached memorandum and the frequently asked questions (FAQs) provide additional information about the Early Notice Awards.
9. Time and date -- The following link will take you to a very interesting and useful web site. It may be useful in keeping yourself up to date with all the suspenses that will be coming along soon. I currently have it set to a date of interest, but you can adjust it if you like. http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=17&month=06&year=2011&hour=15&min=20&sec=00&p0=37"
10. VERA and Transfers -- As of today we have heard no further information on VERA or the transfer round. As soon as any news comes out we will immediately notify you. Transfer information will likely appear first at FEA Online.
11. Mark Your Calendars -
January 17 -- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 24 -- 27 Semester Exams (MS and HS)
January 26 -- 30 Mid-Atlantic Regional Leadership Conference, Arlington, VA
January 28 -- Teacher Work Day
12. Update - I am sending this Update out a day early because several of these announcements have quick suspense dates. The next Update will come out on January 12, 2011.
FEA Europe Area Director
Tel: 0160 2388051