January 25 2012 FEA Europe Report
- Area JCC
- BAS Survey
- School Enrollment Figures
- Staffing Documents
- Transfer Announcement
- VERA Announcement
- AFNORTH Elementary School
1. Area JCC: Our next JCC is scheduled for January 30th.
3. BAS Survey: DoDEA has recently released a BAS survey. FEA recommends that teachers do NOT complete this survey as the questions are worded in such a way as to give pre-determined results. Some schools have reported that teachers are being told they are required to complete the survey as part of their BAS training. If this is the case, you should contact your FRS immediately and make him/her aware of the situation.
4. School Enrollment Figures: Attached are the DoDEA school enrollment figures for this year. Thank to Chenna Culver and Terese Sarno for furnishing this information.
5. Staffing Documents: As of now, completed staffing documents have NOT been received by FEA Europe. When they are received they will be disseminated to FRSs. Principals should also provide FRSs with a copy in preparation for discussion of staffing for SY 2012-1013.
6. Transfer Announcement: Transfer information has been released. Please check www.feaonline.org for the most recent and up-to-date transfer information.
7. VERA/Early Notice Awards: DoDEA has announced VERA for above school-level educators and administrators, and Early Incentive Awards. Please see the attachments for more information. Please keep checking www.feaonline.org for the latest information.
8. AFNORTH Elementary School: AFNORTH Unit School is being split into two separate schools for next year, leading to the creation of an AFNORTH Elementary School.
Have a great week!Lisa Garmon Ali
FEA Europe Area Director
PSC 41 Box 5569
APO AE 09464
Tel: 44-1638527662 (outside UK)