January 20 2010 FEA Europe Report1. MOU on Excess Renewal Credits
2. Leave Approval Process Chart
3. Tips for Transfers
4. If you are an FEA member
5. Submitting a copy of your application to FEA for monitoring (FEA Members)
6. Change of Phone Numbers (Chuck)
7. Latest addition of the European Unity and the FEA Journal
8. 2010 ECP
9. Mark Your Calendars
1. MOU on Excess Renewal Credits: FEA has an MOU covering the last 4 months of a renewal cycle. If you have excess hours taken during the last 4 months up to 3 semester hours of coursework that is not needed for that cycle may be carried over to the next renewal cycle. Hours for a single course may not be split between two renewal cycles.
2. Please find attached the Leave Approval Process Chart. This chart outlines who can approve which type of leave, Principal, DSO and Area.
Transfer Program Information
3. FEA members can access our exclusive "Tips for Transfers" and find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the DoDDS Transfer Program, plus get lots of other information on this year's Transfer Program by going to FEA's Transfer Information Page. You will need your membership number to log in to this portion of the website.
4. If you are an FEA member, we hope you will take advantage of FEA's Transfer Application Verification Service. If you mail (address below), fax (202-822-7867), or email (FEAAdmin@nea.org) a copy of your application to us, we will verify that your application is included in the Transfer Program. PLEASE SEND ONLY THE FINAL VERSION OF YOUR TRANSFER APPLICATION. The Deadline for this is March 4, 2010.
The address is…
ATTN: Transfer Verification
1201 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
5. PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a copy of your application to FEA for monitoring does not mean you have applied for the Transfer Program. To participate in the Transfer Program you must submit your official transfer program application and any amendments via the DoDEA Web site. (The deadline for submission of applications to your principal is 5 p.m., Local time, February 12. Deadline for revisions is 5 p.m. EST, March 3.) Once you are sure you will make no more changes, you should then send a COPY of your FINAL application to FEA for monitoring.
6. Change of Phone Numbers: Please note that the phone numbers for Wiesbaden MS where Chuck McCarter's office is located have changed. The new numbers are as follows: DSN: 335-5373/5369, Civilian: 0611 4080 373/369.
7. The latest addition of the European Unity and the FEA Journal are available on the FEA web site.
I would encourage you to download this at home not at work.
8. DoDEA announced the 2010 ECP. The ECP is an internal career management program for current DoDEA, DoDDS and DDESS educators who are interested in applying for Principal and Assistant Principal vacancies in DoDDS and DDESS. Complete applications must be submitted to your supervisor by January 25, 2010. Current DoDEA principals and assistant principals who are interested in a reassignment within DoDEA should apply to the ECP for reassignment consideration. Interested educators can access the ECP announcement at the following website: http://www.dodea.edu/offices/hr/news/announcements.htm
9. Mark Your Calendars -
Jan 30 - Building Membership and Leadership, Graf Elem.
Feb 20 - HCR/EEO Workshop - Heidelberg District - Linda Callender, POC
March 2 - NEA's Read Across America
March 20 - HCR/EEO Workshop - Bavaria District - Linda Callender, POC
April 24, 25 - HCR Workshop - Kaiserslautern - Linda Callender or Terese Sarno, POC's.
May 2 - 8 - Teacher Appreciation Week
FEA Europe Area Director
Federal Education Association
Work 354-6844 Civ 09721-4758012
Home Fax/Answering machine 09725-5372