January 10 2012 FEA Europe Report1. Area JCC Minutes
2. Retirement Articles
3. TSP Returns
4. National Mentoring Month
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
6. European Elections
7. Benchmark Assessment System
1. Area JCC Minutes: Attached are the minutes from our December Area JCC. Our next JCC is tentatively scheduled for January 30th.
2. Retirement Articles: I am attaching three articles regarding retirement---including 10 Biggest Mistakes Federal Employees Make When Planning for Retirement (and how to avoid them,) OPM Clarifies FEHB Coverage Election Form for Older Children, and Federal Retirement Calculator: OPM Releases Version 2.0 of ‘Federal Ballpark E$timate'.
3. TSP Returns: Attached are the TSP returns for the past 12 months.
4. National Mentoring Month: January 1-31 is National Mentoring Month. This is sponsored by the Harvard Mentoring Project and encourages volunteer mentors to help young people from under-privileged backgrounds reach their full potential.
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is always celebrated on the third Monday in January and is a federal holiday honoring Reverend King's life and commitment to equality and unity. See NEA's Classroom Resources for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, for teaching resources.
6. European Elections: Elections will soon be held for FEA District Representatives, European HCR and District HCRs, and the NEA RA. Information regarding the elections will be forthcoming soon.
7. Benchmark Assessment System: Very soon K-3 teachers will be surveyed regarding implementation of the BAS. It is very important that all teachers who administer the BAS respond to this survey. FEA needs your input in order to make the best possible decisions regarding future implementation of this assessment.
Have a great week!
Lisa Garmon Ali
FEA Europe Area Director
PSC 41 Box 5569
APO AE 09464
Tel: 44-1638527662 (outside UK)