27 March 2019
1. Excess Placement
2. Personal Identity Verification CAC
3. Mark Your Calendar
4. Minutes to Fall EAC Meeting
5. Area Director's Travels
1. Excess Placement -- Is completed and all offers have been sent. Also all VSIP offers have been sent, therefore if you are waiting, you need not wait any longer as there will be no more sent. Please check FEA online for up to the minute information. Teachers in a two year area, who have already served one year under the RAT agreement and are moved, should get credit for the one year towards completion of their two year RAT agreement. Richard Tarr (FEA Assistant General Counsel) recommends that the teacher confirm with HR that they are getting credit for the one year in the two year agreement they are signing. If there are any problems, the teacher should contact both Richard and their UniServ.
2. Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Authentication certificate -- Many have seen the AFN commercial about getting a new certificate for you CAC. This must be done by 31 March, and is because the military is adding another layer of cyber security. The information has been sent out, but seems to be having difficulty getting to schools/teachers, therefore I have attached a PowerPoint here to help you update your certificate if needed. It takes only a few minutes and has one place where it is a bit sticky when inputting your PIN, but still relatively easy. The PowerPoint ATTACHED was developed by Allen Mitchell Rusch an AT from Grafenwoehr. Here is the announcement from the Army:
"Army Common Access Card (CAC) holders have until March 31, 2019 to activate their Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Authentication certificate to ensure uninterrupted access to military networks and data. Mandated by the DoD, the Army CAC Certificate Reduction and Realignment Plan modifies the certificates on the CAC to streamline authentication functions under one certificate, increasing interoperability across the DoD and other U.S. federal government agencies to seamlessly integrate system access and information sharing. Approximately two-thirds of all Army CAC holders will be required to activate their PIV authentication certificate. Users should use Internet Explorer when updating their security certificates at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/. Instructions for activating the PIV certificate are on the website."
3. Mark Your Calendar
March 1-31 -- Women's History Month
March 25-29 -- Spring Break for Hohenfels, Grafenwoehr, Netzaberg, Vilseck Schools
March 30 -- Spring Forward with clocks in Europe
April 1 -- April Fool's Day
April 8-12 -- Spring Break for most European Schools except SHAPE, AFNorth, Kleine Brogel
April 21 -- Easter Sunday
4. Minutes from the Fall EAC minutes -- Here you can find the minutes from the Fall EAC meeting. It has been a bit busy this year so has taken a bit to get them sorted, checked, and approved. We apologize for the delay, and hope to get things sorted a bit quicker next year. www.feaonline.org/europe.htm You can also find links to the 2017 minutes, the Unity and the Europe leadership directory, should you need any archived information.
5. Area Director's Travels -- I am traveling to the great schools of Hohenfels on 4 April and then the great schools of Lakenheath ES, MS, HS, and Feltwell ES as well as Alconbury ES, and MS/HS. However, you can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what's up.