21 August, 2019
1. Welcome Back
2. RAT Travel Reimbursement Info
3. Info on Taxed Moves
4. Membership Materials information
5. Association Evening
6. European Area Council Meeting
7. FEA Europe Leadership
8. TSP Loan info
9. NEA Info for start of SY
10. Mark Your Calendar
11. Non-Temporary Storage Info
12. FEA Election Information
1. Welcome Back -- Welcome back to returnees, and hello to all new colleagues. It is hard to believe that the summer passed so quickly and seems yesterday we were talking about what we would do when school was finished. There have been changes over the summer to a number of policies in DoDEA, and FEA has been working hard to keep all updated. Visiting www.FEAonine.org will give you the updates and also allow you to sign up for the President's report. This report has up-to-date info, and goes out twice monthly. I will send out updates as well, and of course when there is ‘Breaking News' will inform all immediately.
2. RAT Travel Directions for Reimbursement -- In an effort to streamline travel voucher processing, DoDEA has launched two new service desk workflows for all employees to submit travel vouchers to the Resource Management (RM) Analysts for processing:
1. DTS-RAT/Education Travel
2. Permanent Change of Station PCS
The new DTS-RAT/ED and PCS Voucher service desk workflows, referred to as "workflow" is part of our continuous improvement process to provide more timely reimbursements for travel vouchers submitted. While not mandated, we highly recommend that employees take advantage of using these new workflows due to the many benefits (listed below) of using the Global Service Desk system applications. (Attached to this update is also the directions for filling for reimbursement of RAT/ED travel)
3. Info on Taxed PCS/Retirement Moves -- Both the Senate and House Armed Services Committees have included language to extend RITA/WTA reimbursements to retiring/departing and incoming federal civilians being taxed on PCS moves. Find out what that means for the possibility of the tax relief being enacted here.
4. Membership Materials for SY 19-20 -- If you are the membership coordinator or FRS taking care of the membership materials for you school, you will need this information. Once membership materials are completed they should be sent to:
CMR 409 Box 547
APO AE 09053
Chuck McCarter at email@example.com is our new membership coordinator and very knowledgeable about anything needed for starting/stopping dues or any other questions you may have. If anyone is stopping their dues, they must complete an 1188 by SEPTEMBER 1 of 2019.
5. Association Evening -- Please note also that September 16 will be an Association Evening at the Van der Walk Hotel in Mons Belgium. All members are invited, and a reminder flyer will be sent soon.
6. EAC -- The European Area Council will be meeting on Wednesday and Thursday, September 17-18, in Mons. Approved minutes of this meeting will be published on the FEA website.
7. FEA Europe Leadership -- The Division Representatives and other FEA leaders for Europe for SY 19-20 are as follows:
- Europe West, Anita Lang
- Europe East 1, Will Buckley
- Europe East 2, Stephen James
- Patricia Hannon, Europe Area HCR Coordinator
- Terry McClain, Europe Area Representative
8. TSP Loans - Many of us have had or have TSP Loans. One critical thing you must do at this time is to file the Notification to TSP of Non Pay Status, TSP Form 41. This is filed through your local payroll person. If this is not filed, then for those on the 21 pay plan the agency will be trying to take payment when there is no pay. This can cause a number of problems. When you return to pay status make sure also that you restart your payments. You can find the form here.
9. National Education Association info (NEA) -- NEA provides a wealth of material for teachers and this link provides ideas to start the school year. They also provide ideas "How do you kick off a new school year". Hope this can help, and we encourage you to visit the NEA webpages for all the information happening stateside.
10. Mark Your Calendar-
September 2 -- Labor Day Federal Holiday
September 11 -- Europe East 2 FRS Contract Training (Vilseck Angerer Hotel)
September 13 -- Europe East 1 Contract Training (Barbarrossa Hof Hotel Kaiserslautern)
September 16 -- Europe West Contract Training for West Schools on the Continent (Van der Walk Hotel Mons Belgium)
September 16 -- Association Evening (Van der Walk Hotel Mons Belgium starting 1700)
September 17 --18 European Area Council Meetings (Van der Walk Hotel)
September 20 -- Europe West Contract Training for UK schools (DSO Feltwell)
11. Non-Temporary Storage - Goods in Storage: If you have goods in storage, you should normally receive a "fund cite" in September. The fund citations for the storage are done on a fiscal year basis. DoDEA notifies the storage companies of the new fund citations and employees about the same time. The notices go initially to the school secretary, who should distribute them to employees. If you have not received a notice, please check first with your school secretary.
12. Election Information -- FEA Area Director Elections will be held this year. To learn more, including how to nominate yourself or another FEA Active member, go to the FEA Election Information Page. The deadline for receipt of nomination forms is October 16, 2019. Also this year elections will be held for Division Representatives, Division HCR representatives, and Europe HCR Representative for Europe. Nomination forms will be mailed in October to all members interested with ballots mailed in January to the FRS for distribution to members of the schools.