2 October, 2019
1. RAT Travel Reimbursement Info
2. Teaching Certificates Link
3. Membership Materials information
4. HCR Newsletter
5. NEA Information and Website
6. Article on Daylight Savings Time in Europe
7. Mark your Calendar Events
8. FEA Europe Election Information
9. TSP Loans info
10. Area Director's travels
1. RAT Travel Directions for Reimbursement -- In an effort to streamline travel voucher processing, DoDEA has launched two new service desk workflows for all employees to submit travel vouchers to the Resource Management (RM) Analysts for processing:
1. DTS-RAT/Education Travel
2. Permanent Change of Station PCS
The new DTS-RAT/ED and PCS Voucher service desk workflows, referred to as "workflow" is part of our continuous improvement process to provide more timely reimbursements for travel vouchers submitted. While not mandated, we highly recommend that employees take advantage of using these new workflows due to the many benefits (listed below) of using the Global Service Desk system applications. (Attached to this update is also the directions for filling for reimbursement of RAT/ED travel)
2. Certificates -- There have been numerous questions about certificates and certification. This link will take you to a place to login to see your current certificate. Click here. The certificates division will be going to CHRA in 2020. However, at this time the link above should let you see your certificate at this time when you use your CAC.
3. Membership Materials for SY 19-20 -- If you are the membership coordinator or FRS taking care of the membership materials for you school, you will need this information. Once membership materials are completed they should be sent to:
APO AE 09053
Chuck McCarter will be our membership coordinator and is very knowledgeable about anything needed for starting/stopping dues or any other questions you may have. You can email Chuck here.
4. HCR Newsletter -- This issue contains information about the purpose of the HCR program, the role of the Building HCR contact, resources for Hispanic Heritage Month, information on countering racist socialization and racial bias, a book list for helping address this issue, and contact information for HCR advocates. View the HCR newsletter here.
5. NEA Information -- NEA is a great support for FEA and the members. On their website they always have information about how to help our stateside colleagues during natural disasters or crises. They also have an incredible amount of information to help with class preparation as well as many other ideas for teachers. I encourage you to check out their page and see what you may be able to use. NEA website
6. Europe May Forgo Daylight Savings -- This article originally appeared in March of this year. While daylight savings time is set to end in some European States it will not be all. An interesting read for those that will be living in Europe in 2021. Read the article here
7. Mark Your Calendar-
October 3 -- German Reunification Day
October 8 -- Grandparents Day
October 14 -- Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day/Canadian Thanksgiving
October 20 -- National Day on Writing (visit their website)
October 27 -- European Daylight Savings Time Ends
October 31 -- Halloween
8. FEA Europe Election Information -- The elections for Division Representative for all three divisions in Europe, HCR Division Representative for all three divisions in Europe, and European HCR Representative will be held this year. The nomination forms are being finalized now, and will come out with the next update, as well as continue through November. Please consider serving members in Europe.
9. TSP Loans - Many of us have had or have TSP Loans. One critical thing you must do at this time is to file the Notification to TSP of Non Pay Status, TSP Form 41. This is filed through your local payroll person. If this is not filed, then for those on the 21 pay plan the agency will be trying to take payment when there is no pay. This can cause a number of problems. When you return to pay status make sure also that you restart your payments. You can find the form here
FEA is also aware of the pay problems of members on 26 pay that have recently moved. We are working this at the HQ level to determine what will be done as well as can be done to help members.
10. Area Director's travels -- I will be at AFNorth 9-10 October and then in Kaiserslautern, Vogelweh, and Sembach on 22-25 October and the first JCC of the year at the area office. While there I will be able to visit the Sembach MS, and will then get to be at Vogelweh ES for their grand opening. I will also be traveling a bit with Mr. Michael Gavin, NEA Member Benefits Director, when he visits Kaiserslautern, Vilseck, and Wiesbaden on 24, 28, and 30 October. Please be patient during this time as it could take time to get to all emails. You can always get up-to-the-minute information from www.feaonline.org and we hope you will logon to see what's up.