FEA Election Information
Proposed Constitutional Amendment and Election of Officer SY 20-21
During School Year 2020-2021, FEA members will be asked to vote on the following measures:
1) amending the Constitution of the Federal Education Association, and
2) electing an Executive Officer of the Federal Education Association
The proposed amendment to the FEA Constitution would create a new At-Large position on the FEA Board of Directors --the Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator -- and also seeks to specify membership, election and voting rights for Area Human and Civil Rights Coordinators on FEA Area Councils.
Members will be asked to vote to elect an Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator to serve on the FEA Board of Directors. The votes for that office will only be counted, however, if the constitutional amendment creating the ESP office is approve by members.
Election details and materials can be found in the bulleted list at the bottom of this page.
FOR THE POSITION OF EDUCATION SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (ESP) COORDINATOR
WINTER 2020-2021 ELECTION
(Names are listed below in alphabetical order, using the candidate's name as he/she wrote it on the Acceptance and Bio form).
EDUCATION SUPPORT PROESSIONAL (ESP) COORDINATOR
Teresa Brown -- Heroes Elementary School (Camp Lejeune, NC)
1. The Education Support Professional (ESP)Coordinator position will only be added to the FEA Board of Directors if members pass the Constitutional Amendment creating the position. If that Amendment is not passed, the ESP Coordinator position will not be added and votes for the ESP Coordinator position will not be counted.
2. To serve as ESP Coordinator, an individual must be an Active Education Support Professional (ESP) member of the Association (full or part time). Only candidates who meet this qualification can run for the ESP Coordinator position.
3. Candidates can send one flyer to the FEA Washington office for posting on FEAonline.org. A candidate's flyer must be a maximum of one page (not double sided and no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches and may not exceed 2 MB in file size. The deadline to submit flyers to the FEA Washington office is November 3, 2020.
4. Candidates will not ask for or utilize e-mail addresses received from FEA leaders, past and present, at any level of the Association.
5. Candidates can use their PERSONAL e-mail to correspond with and send election forms to the FEA Nomination Chairperson. The FEA Election e-mail address is: FEAelections@gmail.com. Candidates may forward their nomination forms, Official Acceptance and Biographical Information/Mailing Label and Mail Restrictions Forms, Campaign Flyer and Candidate Picture to this e-mail address. It is the candidate's responsibility to confirm this information is received by the Nomination Chairperson.
6. Please pay close attention to all deadlines. The nomination form deadline is October 1, 2020; the Official Acceptance and Biographical Information form is due October 16, 2020; and the deadline for campaign flyer and candidate photo is November 3, 2020.
6. Candidates cannot use the FREE MPS to send out campaign literature. Candidates may use the MPS only if appropriate postage is placed on each individual piece of mail. For more information, please see section C.1. of the FEA Election Procedures (available from your FRS or FEAonline.org).
Potential candidates for office and their supporters should read ALL information in links below to fully acquaint yourself with election requirements and procedures. (if you are unable to download or view the following PDF files, please notify FEA of the problem.
ELECTION DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- Proposed Amendment to the FEA Constitution
details on the specific changes to the FEA Constitution that will be made if members approve the proposed amendment during SY 20-21
- FEA Constitution with proposed changes
text in red shows the wording that would be added to the full FEA Constitution if members approve the proposed amendment
- SY 2020-2021 Election Timeline
Important dates and deadlines for the vote on the proposed constitutional amendment and potential election of an ESP Coordinator during SY 20-21
- Notice of Election
for the proposed amendment to the FEA Constitution and potential election of an ESP Coordinator to the FEA Board of Directors during SY 20-21
- Nomination Form A
use this form to nominate yourself for the office of Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator . Fill it out online, print the form, sign/date it, and send it in. Nomination forms are due October 1, 2020
- Nomination Form B
use this form to nominate another FEA member for office of Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator. Fill it out online, print the form, sign/date it, and send it in. Nomination forms are due October 1, 2020
- Official Acceptance and Biographical Information Form
to be completed and submitted by all candidates for the office of Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator. Must be received by October 16, 2020.
- FEA Election Procedures
for the proposed amendment to the FEA Constitution and potential election of an ESP Coordinator
- Qualifications and Duties of Officers
for candidates for the office of Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator
- FEA Campaign Rules
to be utilized by all candidates for the office of Education Support Professional (ESP) Coordinator and their supporters
- Questions? Contact FEA