FEA Election Information
For the election of FEA Area Directors during SY 16-17
Candidates ListedYou can find the list of candidates for at-large offices here. During School Year 2016-2017, FEA members will elect the following officers to serve on the FEA Board of Directors:
- FEA Director for DDESS
- Paciic Area Director
- Europe Area Director
Election details can be found in the bulleted list at the bottom of this page.
1. Candidates can now use their PERSONAL e-mail to correspond with and send election forms to the FEA Nomination Chairperson. The FEA Election e-mail address is: FEAelections@gmail.com. Candidates may forward their nomination forms, Official Acceptance and Biographical Information/Mailing Label and Mail Restrictions Forms, and candidate picture to this e-mail address. It is the candidate's responsibility to confirm this information is received by the Nomination Chairperson.
2. The Election Process will begin earlier in the school year to allow more time for members to vote and to complete the election tally in March (instead of April). Please pay close attention to the amended deadlines. The nomination form deadline is October 14, 2016; the Official Acceptance and Biographical Information form is due October 28, 2016; and the candidate photo deadline is November 18, 2016.
3. Candidates cannot use the FREE MPS to send out campaign literature. For more information, please see section C.1. of the FEA Election Procedures (available from your FRS or www.feaonline.org).
4. Candidates will be provided with two sets of membership labels and two sets of leadership labels to be used only to mail campaign literature to members/leaders.
5. Candidates who do not wish to use MPS to mail their campaign literature may elect to use a mail house, selected by FEA's Washington office, to print and mail their campaign materials at their own expense. See section C.2 of the FEA Election Procedures for additional information.
6. Membership and leadership labels which are not used by the candidate must be returned to the FEA Washington office. Candidates may, at their option, decline one or more sets of labels by notifying the FEA Washington office in writing.
7. All candidates must sign a statement agreeing to use the labels provided by the FEA Washington office only for purposes of their own campaign. Please see Official Acceptance and Biographical Information/Mailing Labels and Mail Restrictions Form for more details.
8. Beginning with SY 2017-18, the FEA Europe Area Council decided to combine the offices of Europe East Area Director and Europe West Area Director into a single Europe Area Director position. Hence, only one Area Director will be elected to cover all of Europe (including Cuba).
Potential candidates for office and their supporters should read ALL information in links below to fully acquaint yourself with election requirements and procedures. (if you are unable to download or view the following PDF files, printed copies of these documents were mailed to your building rep/FRS or Stateside Local President in August 2016.)